Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Force to Be Reckoned With

Published: November 1st, 2011
Reckoning (Strange Angels # 5)
By: Lili St. Crow
Razorbill
ISBN-13: 978-1595143952


Nobody expected Dru Anderson to survive this long. Not Graves. Not Christophe. Not even Dru. She’s battled killer zombies, jealous djamphirs, and bloodthirsty suckers straight out of her worst nightmares. But now that Dru has bloomed into a fullfledged svetocha—rare, beautiful, and toxic to all vampires—the worst is yet to come. Because getting out alive is going to cost more than she’s ever imagined. And in the end, is survival really worth the sacrifice?

Dru Anderson’s not afraid of the dark.
But she should be.



Review

   Dru Anderson is on the run yet again after rescuing Graves from Sergej and staking him on the way out.  Ash, who now has a toddler's vocabulary, is tagging along for the ride.  First they hide at Dru's Gran's place in the mountains, but then they almost get caught and have to run again, this time with Christophe who has been following them all along.  This is the last book in a very action packed series and I had some very high expectations going into it.  I thought that Dru would finally get to stop running, would chose a boy as the one she loves most of all over the other, and that we readers would finally find out what 'Dru' is short for.  Well, one of these things happens.  I liked this book because Dru gets to find out what is happening with some of our other beloved characters like Augie, Hiro, Nat and Dibs.  Also, Sergej is finally dead at the end of it and he dies in a pretty awesome way.  But at the same time, this felt like a pretty weak ending for what has been a strong series during the last four books.  I felt let down and slightly cheated by the ending.  Hopefully there will be a spin-off series or book to tie it up.  If not, oh well, guess that's that.  I would say to whoever has been reading the series, to finish it up by reading this one.  You might as well so you're not stuck with the cliffhanger from Defiance as your ending.

VERDICT:  2.5/5  Stars

*No favors or money was exchanged for this review.  This book is now available in stores and online.*   

2 comments:

  1. I agree! I was really hoping that all of the conflicts in Dru's life would be resolved. Yet I felt like I still had a ton of questions. If there is a spin off I don't think I would read it if it was from Graves's POV. I'm not a fan, I'm Team Christophe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, if it was going to really be the last one why not resolve it completely? I honestly think she may not be completely done with Dru yet. But at this point I'm not Team Christophe OR Team Graves. I'm mad at both of them! :(

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated and I always read them with a smile on my face! :) While I appreciate the thought, this an award-free blog as well. I just don't have the time to keep up with it. Thank you for my smiles and please share your thoughts! Also, sorry for the Captcha, but I've been getting a lot of spam lately!