Wednesday, January 18, 2012

No Continental Drift...

Published: December 25th, 2011
Unfurl
By: Cidney Swanson
Williams Press
ASIN: B006Q5TTNC


Against all expectations, Samantha Ruiz has survived attacks by two of Helmann’s deadliest assassins. She’s alive, but she’s far from safe. Helmann is planning a second Holocaust and wants Sam to play a starring role. Will, meanwhile, separated from Sam by an ocean, seeks a way to prevent Helmann’s apocalypse. Along with Sir Walter and Mickie, Will plays a deadly game sneaking into Geneses’ facilities, discovering unsettling clues as to Helmann’s plans. The clock ticks down as Will and Sam discover just how much they must be willing to sacrifice to stop Helmann. UNFURL, the powerful conclusion to The Ripple Series, will leave fans breathless.


Review

   Unfurl picks up right where Chameleon left off: Sam going back to California and Will staying in France with Micke and Sir Walter.  Sam makes her way back to the States in the company of Christian, the son of Sir Walter, who has promised to act as her bodyguard.  Meanwhile, in France Sir Walter, Mickie and Will are trying to find out why Geneses has been buying random warehouses near the demographics they despise, while keeping them seemingly unused.  Hans manages to kidnap Sam and take something from her that could allow Helmann to clone her infinitely.  It turns out that Helmann has been experimenting with new results from his 'children' - he wants them to be the ones to play savior when he unleashes his planned devastations.  Will Sam and her family be able to come out unscathed from Hans' wrath when she escapes from him, yet again?  Can they all find a way to defeat Helmann and save the millions of people he is planning genocide for?  I loved this book!  It was extremely fast-paced and actiony which made it an awesome conclusion to the series.  Not once did I get bored or annoyed with the characters or the plot.  Cidney has amazed me with her ability to keep me riveted through the entire series, where as some trilogies die painful deaths at the end of the second book.  Sam and Will's longing for each other was not overdone in my opinion - it was very tasteful and true to the way teens are.  Plus, my favorite part of the book is at the end when Sam tells him, "You are my Africa."  That is such a cute ending scene for such a beautiful series.  I liked the fact that no unnecessary character death was thrown in as a plot device and I am completely exicted to see what Cidney writes next! :)

VERDICT:  5/5 Stars  Plus my eternal friendship and lots of hugs

*I was given an ebook copy of this book by the author herself (who is awesome), in exchange only for an honest review.  This book was published December 25th, 2011.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated and I always read them with a smile on my face! :) While I appreciate the thought, this an award-free blog as well. I just don't have the time to keep up with it. Thank you for my smiles and please share your thoughts! Also, sorry for the Captcha, but I've been getting a lot of spam lately!