Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I've Got This On Lockdown



Published:  May 1st, 2012
In the Bag
By: Kate Klise
William Morrow Paperbacks
ISBN-13:  9780062108050

A European vacation. A luggage mix-up. A note from a secret admirer.

Meet two single parents who think they're too busy to date. 
And two teenagers who can't stop writing flirty emails. 
This is a tale of connections--missed and made--in a universe that seems to have its heart set on reuniting Ms. 6B and Mr. 13C.

Webb
I can't believe I picked up the wrong bag at the airport. My dad is never going to let me hear the end of it.

Coco
I don't understand why Mom told me to pack my worst underwear. And now I've lost my bag? Ack

Andrew
I cannot stop thinking about that woman in seat 6B on the flight to Paris.

Daisy
I don't have time to worry about the creep sitting in 13C who slipped a note in my purse. I have to find my daughter's missing bag before this ruins our vacation.



Review

     Daisy Sprinkle is going on a vacation to France with her daughter Coco, hoping that it will bring them closer together.  What happens instead is that she gets a weird not from a man on the plane, hitting on her and Coco picks up the wrong bag.  Also involved is single Dad, Andrew, whose son Webb is a mystery to him.  When they get to Madrid and figure out that Webb has the wrong luggage as well, eventually Coco and Webb get into contact.  As they begin scheming of ways to meet up with each other without telling the parents, an unsuspecting Daisy travels to Madrid to do a favor for a friend, working on the gallery opening Andrew is there for.  Sparks begin to fly, but when Daisy realizes that he is the man who left the unwelcome note in her bag all bets are off.  Especially when they catch Coco and Webb together, as they've been detained at the airport and mistaken for terrorists.  Can any of the four of them get past the disastrous events of the vacation and let their romantic feelings take control?  It was like reading a slightly old-style romantic comedy movie, in book format.  I liked the portrayal of Daisy's relationship with Coco.  I think a lot of Mothers and Daughters have trouble connecting, definitely when the daughter is in the teen years.  I know that I did with my Mom.  Webb and Andrew were interesting to read about, making me like them with their awkward romantic overtures.  My major complaint was how fast Coco went from wanting to kiss Webb, to believing that all he wanted was sex!  Really?  What a stereotype.  Not  to mention that as someone who was once a teen girl, we don't automatically assume that every guy wants sex from us, every moment of our interactions.  And she is very casual about whether or not she'll give him what he 'wants.'  I liked the screwball antics and found it to be an overall sweet and easy read.  Probably a good beach or airplane book, for readers looking for something light.  Most likely won't re-read it, but I'm not sorry about reading it a first time either.

VERDICT:  3/5  Stars

*No money or favors were exchanged for this review. This book is now available in stores, online, or maybe even at your local library.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated and I always read them with a smile on my face! :) While I appreciate the thought, this an award-free blog as well. I just don't have the time to keep up with it. Thank you for my smiles and please share your thoughts! Also, sorry for the Captcha, but I've been getting a lot of spam lately!