Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #21: Top Ten Authors We Own the Most Books Of


     Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, which allows bloggers to share lists of some of our favorite (and not-so favorite) things.  This week we'll be highlighting the top ten authors whose books we own the most of!

     I just purged my bookshelves recently, so this list will be a little different then it would have been a mere week or two ago.  Also, I don't necessarily have an author I love enough to want to collect every single book they've ever written.  If I know I won't be re-reading something often, I'm in a place now where I don't have room to buy and keep a book simply to have it.  They have to be important to me!  So here is my attempt at finding ten decently high counts on my bookshelves.

*Quick Note:*  Disregard everything I said above!  I own 42 V.C. Andrews

Top Ten Authors Whose Books I Own the Most Of

  1. V.C. Andrews - 42 Books (I own all her books from Flowers In The Attic, up through the first two in the Willow series which in my opinion is when they started to really suck.  I used to be so obsessed with her books!)
  2. L.J. Smith - 16 Books (This is mainly because I own LOTS of her trilogies/series from the 90s!  I.E. Forbidden Game, Night World, the original Vampire Diaries books, etc.)
  3. Meg Cabot - 16 Books (So, all the Princess Diaries books and her All-American Girl series, plus her teen historical romance...so, yeah.)
  4. Charlaine Harris - 15 Books (Only explanation needed: Southern Vampire Mysteries aka Sookie Stackhouse.  I rest my case.)
  5. L.M. Montgomery - 13 Books (All of her Anne of Green Gables books and her Emily of New Moon series as well.  Actually, doubles of the first two books in the Anne series.  So the basics, really!)
  6. Christopher Pike - 9 Books (All of his Last Vampire series [6 books] and his Remember Me series, which is one of the best about re-incarnation I've ever read!)
  7. Rick Riordan - 8 Books (I'm one short of owning all the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series' books.  All I need is Mark of Athena!)
  8. J.K. Rowling - 7 Books (Do I even have to explain this one? :p)
  9. Jane Austen - 6 Books (Everything written by the master.  Ever.)
  10. William Shakespeare - 5 Books (Hamlet, Macbeth, Twelfth Night, Taming of the Shrew & Romeo + Juliet - all my favorites by him!  I'm especially a fan of TotS.)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, 42 VC Andrews books! That's impressive! I read a few of her early books when I was younger (the Flowers in the Attic books),

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list, I had Rick Riordan on my list as well and I love Meg Cabot but I've only read two of her books so far.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated and I always read them with a smile on my face! :) While I appreciate the thought, this an award-free blog as well. I just don't have the time to keep up with it. Thank you for my smiles and please share your thoughts! Also, sorry for the Captcha, but I've been getting a lot of spam lately!