Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My Top Ten Books of 2014


       So, we raked in a lot of pretty choice diamonds this year in our reading!  This year on Goodreads my challenge was to read 200 books.  It's been a tough year, with a lot of health challenges and depression keeping me from going as far as I used to.  But I made it to 200 books.  I actually read 3 over that and I am SO proud of myself for reaching my goal!  My New Year's Resolution: To be a LOT more active on the blog in 2015 than I was this year.  I feel like I left it on life support for awhile and that things really derailed when my Mom was in the hospital for a month.  I'm gonna do better this year you guys!  I did read some pretty great books this year, that I think were a little out of the ordinary.  So I will make a link for the Goodreads page of each book after the title and author is listed.  Here comes my heartbreaking work of making a list and checking it twice, only to be left with my definite favorites:

My Top 10 Books of 2014

10.  Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky #3) by Veronica Rossi (Goodreads)

9.  Broken Skies (Broken Skies #1) by Theresa Kay (Goodreads)

8.  These Broken Stars (Starbound #1) by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner (Goodreads)

7.  I Want Crazy (Loco Texas #2) by Codi Gary (Goodreads)

6.  Breathe, Annie, Breathe (Hundred Oaks #4) by Miranda Kenneally (Goodreads)

5.  Afterglow (Wildefire #3) by Karsten Knight (Goodreads)

4.  White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements #1) (Goodreads) & Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Goodreads) (Yes, I'm totally cheating!) 

3.  Injustice: Gods Among Us, Vol. 1 (Year One) [Goodreads] & Injustice: Gods Among Us, Vol. 2 (Year One) [Goodreads] by Tom Taylor, Jheremy Raapack (Illustrations), Various

2.  Crane (The Legends Saga) by Stacey Rourke (Goodreads)

1.  Timebound (The Chronos Files #1) (Goodreads) & Time's Edge (The Chronos Files #2) by Rysa Walker (Goodreads)


Well peeps, what do you think of my top 10 books of 2014?  I know there are some you probably think deserve to be on here which is why I have a bonus feature: Top 10 Books That Didn't Quite Make the List.  Thought you'd want to be reassured that I don't quite live under a rock!


Top 10 Books That Didn't Quite Make the List (Not In Any Particular Order)

1.  Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor (Goodreads)

2.  Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy #1) by Marie Rutkoski (Goodreads)

3.  Everything That Makes You by Moriah McStay (Goodreads)

4.  Sway by Kat Spears (Goodreads)

5.  Boys Don't Knit (Boys Don't Knit #1) by T.S. Easton (Goodreads)

6.  The Thousand Dollar Tan Line (Veronica Mars #1) [Goodreads] & Mr. Kiss and Tell (Veronica Mars #2) [Goodreads] by Rob Thomas & Jennifer Graham 

7.  After the End (After the End #1) by Amy Plum (Goodreads)

8.  Tinseltown: Murder, Morphine, and Madness at the Dawn of Hollywood by William J. Mann (Goodreads)

9.  Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige (Goodreads)

10.  Cruel Beauty (The Cruel Beauty Universe #1) by Rosamund Hodge (Goodreads)

        There they are, the diamonds of 2014 that are at the top of the bunch.  Y'all should definitely take a look at some of the ones you might not have read, they are all great books, even if they're not as extremely well known as some to be published this year.  What books made your lists?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated and I always read them with a smile on my face! :) While I appreciate the thought, this an award-free blog as well. I just don't have the time to keep up with it. Thank you for my smiles and please share your thoughts! Also, sorry for the Captcha, but I've been getting a lot of spam lately!